They only fixed what was wrong.
I like that!!! My experience has
been so good, I'll return and send
my family and friends too. You
guys live up to your name.
How Fuel Injection Systems Work
In the past, carburetors used to deliver fuel into the engine. Today, most vehicles use a fuel injection system. This type of fuel delivery system uses a fuel injector which is a computer controlled valve that takes pressurized fuel supplied by an electronic fuel pump and atomizes it, turning it into a fine spray, that burns easily. The atomized fuel is sprayed through a throttle body that delivers the atomized fuel to each cylinder through the intake manifold. Several sensors report back to the computer to regulate the rate of fuel injected and burnt.
Fuel Injector and Throttle Body Service
All engines using fuel injection require some fuel system maintenance. With today’s soaring fuel prices most consumers are selecting the cheaper grade fuels. High under hood temperatures, lower quality fuel causes some buildup of olefin wax, dirt, water and other impurities which restrict the injector nozzles and disrupt the injector spray pattern. Each fuel injection system has a unique air control design that also creates different levels of carbon deposits which build up over time affecting air flow and fuel atomization. Clogged injectors and carbon build up in the intake system hinder performance and fuel economy. Honest-1® technicians are experts in servicing Fuel Injection Systems.
The Service Includes:
- Check fuel pump operating pressure and volume
- Test pressure regulator for operation and leakage
- Flush entire fuel rail and upper fuel injector screens to include pressure regulator
- Clean fuel injectors
- De-carbon engine assembly
- Clean throttle plate and idle air control passages
- Check minimum air flow rate and adjust if needed
- Relearn on-board computer if necessary
- Increased fuel economy
- Prolonged life of injectors
- Reduction of toxic emissions
- Reduce internal temperature
- Better response and performance from your vehicle